METAL LAWN DECORATIONS : LAWN DECORATIONS
Metal lawn decorations : Island style decor : Table decor pictures.
Metal Lawn Decorations
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- The process or art of decorating or adorning something
- A thing that serves as an ornament
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Gold and silver (as tinctures in blazoning)
- metallic: containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal; "a metallic compound"; "metallic luster"; "the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades"- Ambrose Bierce
- metallic element: any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
- Broken stone for use in making roads
- A solid material that is typically hard, shiny, malleable, fusible, and ductile, with good electrical and thermal conductivity (e.g., iron, gold, silver, copper, and aluminum, and alloys such as brass and steel)
- cover with metal
- A lawn is an area of aesthetic and recreational land planted with grasses or other low durable plants, which usually are maintained at a lower and consistent height. Low ornamental meadows in natural landscaping styles are a contemporary option of a lawn.
- a field of cultivated and mowed grass
- Lawn is a Dutch Alternative-Indie rock band. They have released two albums: Lawn-dro-mat (2000) and Backspace (2003). Their song Fix (from Backspace) includes a duet with Anneke van Giersbergen, the former vocalist from fellow Dutch band The Gathering.
- An area of short, mown grass in a yard, garden, or park
Get the showcase lawn you've always wanted with this comprehensive guide, packed with expert tips and information from turf professionals.
• Complete information on the newest techniques and products you can use to cultivate a superior lawn, plus special information on sportscaping.
• 32 additional pages allow this revised and expanded second edition to include the newest information, techniques, and products for cultivating a showcase lawn.
• Special information on sportscaping for outdoor enthusiasts.
• Contributing writer David Mellnor shares his experience as groundskeeper for the Boston Red Sox.
A Victorian Style Mansion - Moonee Ponds
Built in the 1880s, this very grand white painted Victorian mansion with stripped back decoration is situated in the finest section of the inner northern Melbourne suburb of Moonee Ponds.
This double storey residence of solid stuccoed brick stands on its original allotment, behind a decorative wrought-iron fence. It retains its original slate tiled roof with metal capping and two corniced chimneys with ornamental flues. Large sash windows offer splendid views of the formal garden below, and a Juliet balcony to the left of the street facing facade offers access to the sunny day from the upper floor. The house is adorned with restrained decorative mouldings including classical motifs under the eaves, down the walls and around the windows. A line of ornamental beading divides the two floors.
The whole mansion, which has a large street frontage, is surrounded by a well established ornamental garden with well kept lawns, gravel paths and a magnificent palm tree which is now almost as tall as the house and was probably planted as a seed when the house was first built and such exotics were in vogue.
Moonee Ponds, like its neighbouring boroughs of Ascot Vale and Essendon, was etablished in the late 1880s and early 1890s. However, unlike its neighbours, it was an area of affluence and therefore only had middle-class, upper middle-class and some very wealthy citizens. Built in the most affluent area of Moonee Ponds, this mansion would have suited a large, wealthy Victorian family of some importance and would have required a retinue of servants to maintain. Today it is still mantained as a private residence.
"Rosalie" a Victorian Villa - Moonee Ponds
Standing proudly behind its well trimmed hedge, "Rosalie", a large, asymmetrical Victorian villa constructed in the 1890s is situated in the inner northern Melbourne suburb of Moonee Ponds.
This single storey residence has a splendid front verandah with elegant cast iron lacework. The roof's original slate tiles with metal capping has been replaced with terracotta versions, yet it still maintains the same roofline. The verandah's bull nosed roofline is made of corrugated iron. A large bay window with decorative mouldings offers spendid views of the street. Its two chimneys are corniced and its has its original mock ashlar walls.
Moonee Ponds, like its neighbouring boroughs of Ascot Vale and Essendon, was etablished in the late 1880s and early 1890s. However, unlike its neighbours, it was an area of affluence and therefore only had middle-class, upper middle-class and some very wealthy citizens. Houses like these would have suited a large Victorian family, and would have required a small retinue of servants to maintain. Built on a corner block, "Rosalie" has a large street frontage, and mantains its original stables, which may be accessed by the side street.
metal lawn decorations
Now you can have green grass right in your own backyard, thanks to David Mellor, master groundskeeper of Boston's Fenway Park.
Everyone wants a green lawn, but how do you actually get one? Bags of fertilizer? Weed killer? Sod? What about mowing? Everyone knows how to, but do you really know when to? Fenway Park's master groundskeeper David Mellor does. He's been caring for some of the nicest lawns around for years. In The Lawn Bible, Mellor offers you everything you need to know about lawn care for your part of the country, including planting, mowing, feeding, and troubleshooting, as well as tips, illustrations, and anecdotes.
Whether your yard is full shade, full sun, or something in between, David Mellor will help you transform it into the greenest grass of your dreams.
The Gospel of Grass, according to David:
--How to think like a lawn
--How to make a lawn child-friendly and a child lawn-friendly
--What combination of good soil, good seed, and good sun adds up to a great lawn
--The mechanics and artistry of mowing
--How to win the war on weeds, pests, and disease
football room decorations
old world italian decor
fireplace mantel decor ideas
table decorations for a wedding
decorating outdoor weddings
home decor patio
room decor stores
easter egg hunt decorations
brown and pink wall decor
decal wall decor